GP Extended Access Service
There are now more appointments with GPs available in Lewisham, making it easier for you to get an appointment at a time that suits you, including evenings and weekends.
Who will provide this service?
This service will be provided by One Health Lewisham. One Health Lewisham is wholly owned by the GP practices in the borough of Lewisham, working together on behalf of practices, patients, and staff to deliver safe, effective and responsive healthcare services.
How does the service work?
If there are no more appointments available at the Practice, we may offer you an appointment with the GP Extended Access Service. You will be seen by experienced Lewisham clinicians. These appointments are available from 8.00am to 8.00pm, 7 days a week, including bank holidays. Your medical record will, with your consent be available to the GP that sees you so as to ensure that they have the information they need to give you the best possible care. We will receive electronic notes of your consultation at the Extended Access Service.
- Currently the appointments can only be available to patients aged 18 and above
- Are able and willing to travel to Lewisham Hospital for their appointment and see a doctor who is not their usual GP
- Are willing to share their record with the GP Extended Access Service
- Do not require a repeat prescription
- Do not have an immediate urgent or emergency life threatening condition
What does this mean for your medical records?
- Your medical record will remain with the Practice.
- We will only share the information they need to prove you with the best possible care during your appointment only
- Record sharing closes after your appointment. You will need to give consent every time you have an appointment at the service.
- Notes of your consultation will be sent back to us electronically to ensure they are kept up to date
What do you do next?
If we book an appointment for you with this service, we ask that you please leave sufficient time for parking, and make sure to arrive 5 minutes before your appointment
If you need to cancel your appointment please call the cancellation line on 020 8333 3407 and leave a message stating your name and the date and time of the appointment you would like to cancel