Care provided by a diverse and caring team for a diverse population, with mutual respect
We are a diverse and caring team who believe in working collaboratively to provide a variety of services for the patients we care so much about. We aim to provide a service that involves dignity, holistic care, clear communication, and equality with mutual respect. We endeavor to encourage and empower our patients to effectively self-manage their conditions.
Being a patient attending a busy GP surgery can be an anxious and worrying time for you. We aim to make your time here as short and as simple as possible.
The following should help to explain what you, as a patient can expect from our staff and what we, the staff, can expect from you.
1. To treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
2. To treat you as an individual, and to discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
3. To give you full information on the services we offer.
4. To give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
5. To provide you with emergency care when you need it.
6. To refer you to a suitable specialist when necessary.
7. To give you online access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law.
Your Responsibilities As A Patient
1. To treat all staff with respect and courtesy at all times.
2. To tell us if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you.
3. To ask for a home visit, only when you are unable to attend the medical centre through illness or infirmity.
4. To request such a visit if at all possible before 10.00am.
5. To ask for an out-of-hours visit only when necessary.
6. To keep your appointments and contact the medical centre in advance if you cannot attend.
7. Give us an opportunity to put things right when we get it wrong
8. Where possible, be actively involved in the patient participation group to the benefit of yourself, other patients and the Practice
9. To respect the premises this was built with you in mind.
It is our policy to be helpful and polity to all our patients regardless of age, ethnic origin, disability, gender or sexual orientation. We expect the same courtesy from our patients.
Discriminatory, unsocial threatening, violent or abusive behaviour towards staff, other patients or the premises will not be tolerated. The Practice will take action in these circumstances.
This may involve the Police and result in the removal of the patient from our Practice list.
Wells Park Practice
1 Wells Park Road